Another tribute to an artist

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from TDahl

TDahl

Here is another tribute to great works of art and their artists. This one is Starry Night by Van Gogh. The blank is Starry Night Acrylic blank, and the pen kit is a Modesto Antique Silver Roller Ball. I was first inspired by the blank itself since all of the colors of the painting were represented. When I completed the pen I soon realized how busy the pen looked, and how the vivid colors of the blank upstaged the featured art work. Great looking blank but I think something more subtle would work better. Let me know what you think.

IMG_2625.JPG IMG_2626.JPG IMG_2627.JPG

magpens

Something is a bit weird ... it seems to me that the cap blank is different from the body blank ... not same patterns or colors.

Because you asked, I feel permitted to say this ..... I prefer a more subtle, or subdued, blank on such a pen.

darrin1200

I think that the cap portion, fits the theme beautifully. However, for me, the barrel material overwhelms it. The barrel, done in a single colour swirled pearl, could be the subtle you a looking for.

Mr Vic

I could be of base but believe the cap is a label cast of a Van Gogh painting and the body an acrylic. I agree the body overpowers the cap and should be more subdued.

Top Bottom