Another Tool

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TDahl

I looked for one of those years ago when I needs to sand between two columns on my front porch. The space was only 4 inches wide, and I could not get a palm sander in there.

jttheclockman

Used it yesterday for what I intended it for and have to say works quite well. The belt tracks great. VS works well. For the price it will be a nice toy to hang on the wall. Always be there when needed. Who knows may run into that special job too.

KenB259

I looked for one of those years ago when I needs to sand between two columns on my front porch. The space was only 4 inches wide, and I could not get a palm sander in there.
I found myself in the same situation a couple of years ago and I attached a piece of sandpaper to an oscillating tool and it worked quite well :)

bsshog40

That looks like a neat tool. We have carpet on our stairs. I plan on taking that off and sanding and finishing the wood. The bottom of the banister ends with a small circle and about 6 balusters. Really tight fit for sanding. That tool may work great. Thanks for posting John!

jttheclockman

I found myself in the same situation a couple of years ago and I attached a piece of sandpaper to an oscillating tool and it worked quite well :)
I too have done this because I have a Fein oscillating tool that actually was a and still is a triangle sander and it works well. I have since bought the cutting blades for it and that tool has become a handy tool. Last year I bought a Dewalt 20V battery one to go with the line of Dewalt tools that I have been buying that work on that platform. The thing with this tool is the speed at which it will sand and the continuous sanding. just have to keep it moving or you will sand a 1/2" groove quickly. Am a happy camper that I bought it and as I said for that price can not go wrong. The first Wen tool I own.

jttheclockman

That looks like a neat tool. We have carpet on our stairs. I plan on taking that off and sanding and finishing the wood. The bottom of the banister ends with a small circle and about 6 balusters. Really tight fit for sanding. That tool may work great. Thanks for posting John!
Years ago I had similar situation and I bought a Fein triangle oscillating sander and that was for those tight corners and that too works well. I have upgraded that tool with blades that cut in close areas and that has been a great tool now. They sell those in many brands too. Maybe be a cheaper also. I know Dewalt and Makita and Milwakee sell them. Might want to look into one of those for tight corners.

https://www.amazon.com/Fein-MultiMa...9Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

bsshog40

Years ago I had similar situation and I bought a Fein triangle oscillating sander and that was for those tight corners and that too works well. I have upgraded that tool with blades that cut in close areas and that has been a great tool now. They sell those in many brands too. Maybe be a cheaper also. I know Dewalt and Makita and Milwakee sell them. Might want to look into one of those for tight corners.

https://www.amazon.com/Fein-MultiMaster-Q-Start-Oscillating-Multi-Tool/dp/B0992X2KLW/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?keywords=fein+sander&qid=1675099844&sr=8-2-spons&ufe=app_do:amzn1.fos.f5122f16-c3e8-4386-bf32-63e904010ad0&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEyTUlRMVdNSkU3UVVQJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwOTMwMjIzMzlYR0I1U1hYQlVLRiZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwOTMxMTM3M0pHNFNXNEpRR1ZLUyZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=
You can see what I'm talking about in the pic. That 1/2" sander could get in between these pretty good.
20230130_142116.jpg

leehljp

Member Liaison

https://www.amazon.com/Fein-MultiMaster-Q-Start-Oscillating-Multi-Tool/dp/B0992X2KLW/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?keywords=fein+sander&qid=1675099844&sr=8-2-spons&ufe=app_do:amzn1.fos.f5122f16-c3e8-4386-bf32-63e904010ad0&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEyTUlRMVdNSkU3UVVQJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwOTMwMjIzMzlYR0I1U1hYQlVLRiZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwOTMxMTM3M0pHNFNXNEpRR1ZLUyZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU
Back in the late 90's while home for a few months from living overseas, my mom wanted me to tear out a fully tiled (and leaky) shower and replace it with a new shower. She had one request - No sanding dust! So I bought a Fein - before their patent ran out and everyone else started making them. The Fein was great at removing grout without making a lot of dust. I gave that tool to a son in law about 10 years ago and bought me a newer model. Super tool! And a great sander too.

KenB259

John your new tool can open up a whole new hobby. Take a look at this guy using a similar tool

Top Bottom