Another South Carolinian

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Brooks803

Hi all, My fiance already joined up here and introduced herself so I guess its my turn. I'm Jonathon engaged to Shea (elizabethsdrinkard is her username). I think I'm the one responsible for all the out flow of money that is soon going to be devoted to this craft. I've been doing some wood burning and trying my hand at wood working and found a class for wood turning at WoodZone. Shea and I went and had a great time and learned quite a bit from the WoodZone staff and of course Hans. I'd like to get more involved in the pen turning as well as making other projects. Any advice, help, suggestions would be great and maybe I'll see some of you at Pen Club meetings or WoodZone.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

fiferb

Welcome from Ninety Six, SC! If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

You may have seen these already from my post in Shea's welcome but here is a link to a PDF file that goes over many aspects of pen turning from finish - to pens - to tools - to methods etc. It is not in detail but a good overview for pen turning.

http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=42446

Here is another link with lots of good reading:
http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=46654

I look forward to seeing you at WoodZone and hope you can come to the penturning meetings we have once a month.

leehljp

Member Liaison
Welcome from Japan also. Lots of great information here - enough to get you started, into trouble . . . and broke! But at least it is fun! :biggrin: Join in and post. Better get TWO lathes while you are at it! :wink:

lmcminn

Welcome

Welcome Jonathan from Simpsonville, SC. I used to live in the West Columbia/Cayce area and know the WoodZone store there well. Every time we're down to visit my in-laws I stop by the WoodZone. The folks there are GREAT.

You will learn lots from the member of IAP. I've been a member and pen turner for a little over a year now. You will love turning, but you'll also find it's an expensive "hobby", even if you sell some of your stuff, the money coming in never seems to catch the money going out.

It's good Shea like to turn as well. There are several Husband wife teams in IAP.

Enjoy and vivsit this site often to pick up great tips and ideas.

lmcminn

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
Welcome to the mayhem, Jonathan.
Tell your wedding party all gifts should be given in terms of your new life together . . . with pens. Maybe Woodzone will carry your wedding wishlist. :biggrin:

Top Bottom