Another random guy shows up...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

el_chupo_

Hello everyone!

My name is Matt. I am 34, work in the financial world by day (broker), play with a variety of things in my off time.

I have recently started turning (started with pens), and I think a bug may have bit me. So far I have neglected building a smaller storage area for my outdoor/lawn equipment, having spent most of the spring turning things, jammed into my little shed.

Ive been lurking around these parts for a couple of months, so I figured I ought to join up to ask some things once in a while.

Im not new to forums, though each has a personality, so forgive me if I make a mistake or ask another dumb question that has been answered dozens of times. Ill try to search and read, too!

Matt

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MTViper

Welcome from the Abilene area. There are 3-4 woodturning clubs in the DFW area (Ft Worth, Dallas, and Denton for sure). Join one and use their resources. They will help your learning curve immensely. I drive over to the Ft Worth club meetings most months.

el_chupo_

Thanks for the kind welcome everyone!

I hope to make it to the Ft. Worth turning meetings in the future, but my work schedule often means Thurs evenings are a bit full. might have to make some changes, but we shall see.

seamus7227

Thanks for the kind welcome everyone!

I hope to make it to the Ft. Worth turning meetings in the future, but my work schedule often means Thurs evenings are a bit full. might have to make some changes, but we shall see.

Welcome to the group from Wichita Falls,Tx. If you are ever in the this area give me a shout.

Top Bottom