Another purple pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Displaced Canadian

I wise pen maker once said, "Do several studies on what types and colors of pens sell. Then make purple pens." They weren't wrong.
I decided to put a little more of a taper into the body of this one. You can actually post the cap on the end of the body if one should so desire. It was turning into just another pen with a cap so I decided to put an additional band of color towards the tip. The metal parts are aluminum, the band on the clip is 12 mm. The threads for the cap are single start 11x1 mm. I'm going to take a 1 pen break from purple then the one after that will be purple again. I'm seeing with casting it's easy to over mix when blending the colors when casting the blank. I'm getting a bit bored with this style of pen and may need to try something different for the next one.

Attachments

• Aubery pen1.jpg
    Aubery pen1.jpg
    531.8 KB · Views: 313
  • Aubery pen 2.jpg
    Aubery pen 2.jpg
    477.6 KB · Views: 285
  • Aubre pen3.jpg
    Aubre pen3.jpg
    617.8 KB · Views: 322
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenPal

Au contrare IMHO the purple printed circuit board blanks reign supreme, your definition of purple and mine differ only a solid or predominant purple for me and yes district by district fads exist here in Australia down south look for deep colours the north dark colours and vice versa when it suits them,fickle public.

Peter.

magpens

@Displaced Canadian

I like that very much !!!

Especially the overall shape and styling.

So what threads did you use for the nib to section and section to body ? (you stated the cap to body as M11 x 1 single start. )
And also the finial (that holds the clip on) to cap threads ?

Au contrare IMHO the purple printed circuit board blanks reign supreme, your definition of purple and mine differ only a solid or predominant purple for me and yes district by district fads exist here in Australia down south look for deep colours the north dark colours and vice versa when it suits them,fickle public.

Peter.
Here I would say the darker the purple the more people like them. I also think mixing the purple and white at 50/50 is too much white. For me personally I like British racing green for a pen color. Fickle public for sure. I have a blank I cast to try imitate amber and I'm not thrilled with it but someone saw it and fell in love with it. I guess it takes all kinds.

@Displaced Canadian

I like that very much !!!

Especially the overall shape and styling.

So what threads did you use for the nib to section and section to body ? (you stated the cap to body as M11 x 1 single start. )
And also the finial (that holds the clip on) to cap threads ?
The nib section to the body is 8x.75 mm. I like to have the nib extend into the body further that the threads for the cap for additional strength. The very tip is either the same size or 7x.75. I use metric taps and dies because the math is easier. On this one the threads to hold on the final are also 11 x1 because I forgot to step drill the top of the cap down for 10 x1 which works better for this clip. I had to sand down the threads just a touch and the clip screws up the threads and fits quite tight. Normally I would go slightly smaller and leave a shoulder for the clip to sit around.

Top Bottom