Another Potpourri - "Summer Dreams"

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from karlkuehn

karlkuehn

Banned
This is another of my newest colors of Potpourri Hybrids - "Summer Dreams" - A light blue pearlized resin.

I painted the insides of the blanks on this one white prior to epoxying in the tubes, and it really popped the color of the resin. I like this one a lot, reminds me of an aquarium, actually. The blue is really intense. :)

I don't know if I'm getting used to how these turn or I just got lucky, but this one went really smooth. I've been kind of wimping out and just using the stock center bands and finials. I'm just trying to knock them out quick. I really wish this one had a blue CB and finial, though. Oh well.

Skewed it to shape a little smaller than the bushings, hit it with MM2400, 3 layers of straight CA, sanded back with 320, touched up the profile with the skew, MM1500 - 4000, white diamond polish and called it done. It came out flawless. Seems like the big trick is figuring out how thick to put on the CA to be able to sand it back without cutting through it.

I have a few more of these Potpourri's to do to complete my current color catalog samples, and if they all go as quick as this one, I'll be a really happy camper. :D

Now I just need to start thinking about where I'm going to unload all these pens. I think I have about 50 just sitting in the cases, NOT making any money. heh

Kit is a platinum Baron from Bill at AS.

Comments/Questions/Suggestions always welcome. :)

PotpourriSummerDreams1_1.jpg

PotpourriSummerDreams1_2.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

GoodTurns

pity you couldn't find any blue to brighten it up!;) Great color, hope you saved the recipe.

I like the shape better closed than open, how does it feel writing?

karlkuehn

Banned
Recipe? What's that? heh :D

It's got a nice balance, I wish I would've made my personal pen with that shape, the wide part of the 'cone' rests just right on my hand, and I like being able to post the cap when I'm writing for a long time. It sorta tips off the back of my hand (at least with this kit) and it keeps me from pressing too hard on the nib.

I agree though, it would look nice as a closed end though. Not sure how to deal with the white paint, though. There might end up being a color difference where the white paint is in the end of the tube, moving to a darker blue where the white paint stops. I guess you could drill it out, paint it, and then fill it in again. That's a lot of extra work, though, I think I'll save that for when I'm in 'hobby time' mode instead of 'make these suckers as fast as I can' mode. hehe [:p]

DozerMite

Banned
Now that is blue! Very nice I like the color and shape.

200862624325_PotpourriSummerDreams1_111.jpg

I see the bunny eating my wifes flowers.;)

Top Bottom