Another of my LSU vs. ULL Resins

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from karlkuehn

karlkuehn

Banned
This is one of the ULL resin cast runs that I did for BrentK to go with the LSU purple and gold.

Messed around with beadwork again...got dangerously close to the tube on the pen side bead, letting a little too much of the white epoxy show through at the narrow point...overturned it a little too much there, I wish it matched the cap better. Beads are a little different size, too. I'm learning, and overall I'm having a really good time with the resins and beads, wish I'd have been doing it sooner! :)

Thank God for buffing wheels, that's become a fairly significant step in my pen making process. Simple and easy way to polish a high gloss on there without a lot of sandpaper work.

Chrome FT American fountain from Ernie at Bear Tooth Woods, MM12000, white diamond polish, Ren wax finish.

ResinRedBlack_ULL1_1.jpg

ResinRedBlack_ULL1_2.jpg

Comments/suggestions/questions welcome! :)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Tanner

I do like the shape. I think it's a fine looking pen. You must be a couple of centimeters away from the tube on the lower barrel.[:0] The blank looks great with dark red, black and white marbling.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Another BEAUTY Karl ! I can hardly wait to see what's next , every time you post a picture . Thanks for sharing them . [8D]

BigShed

Nice looking pen!

Just a thought, why the extensive use of acronyms in this (and other) forum?
LSU, ULL, you got me beat!

It is almost like a masons' secret handshake, let's use acronyms so that we can separate those that "belong" from those that don't.

Maybe it is just me?

karlkuehn

Banned
Originally posted by BigShed

Nice looking pen!

It is almost like a masons' secret handshake, let's use acronyms so that we can separate those that "belong" from those that don't.

Maybe it is just me?

hehe...sorry...acronyms go faster on the keyboard [:p]

LSU - "Louisiana State University"
ULL - "University of Louisiana at Lafayette"
MM12000 - "Micromesh 12000"
FT - "Flat Top"

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Originally posted by Tanner

I do like the shape. I think it's a fine looking pen. You must be a couple of centimeters away from the tube on the lower barrel.[:0] The blank looks great with dark red, black and white marbling.

Tim, there are 2.54 centimeters to an inch. Are you trying to pick a fight with Karl?!?? :D:D[}:)];)

karlkuehn

Banned
Originally posted by wdcav1952

Originally posted by Tanner

Tim, there are 2.54 centimeters to an inch. Are you trying to pick a fight with Karl?!?? :D:D[}:)];)

hehe...that'd be one fat pen!

BigShed

Originally posted by karlkuehn

Nice looking pen!

Maybe it is just me?

hehe...sorry...acronyms go faster on the keyboard [:p]

LSU - "Louisiana State University"
ULL - "University of Louisiana at Lafayette"
MM12000 - "Micromesh 12000"
FT - "Flat Top"

Well I did ask.........:)

However, now that I know what the acronyms stand for, what do 2 university have to do with cast resin?

karlkuehn

Banned

...However, now that I know what the acronyms stand for, what do 2 university have to do with cast resin?

This series of resin casts are for an order, and as I made extra blanks, I just felt like turning some pens out of a few of them. I posted the other ones as well, it's a series of 4 resin color combinations for the two schools. :)

BigShed

Thank you gentlemen, not that obvious to us foreigners, but that explains it very nicely.

Now if you had said these pens are for Carlton or Essendon, I would have understood straight away!:D

Top Bottom