Another Norfolk Pine Vase, picture fixed now

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Kalai

Kalai

Hi this is another Hawaiian Norfolk Pine Vase, it measures 10.5 inches tall and 7 inches in dia. the finish is pollyurathane, aloha.

Chris
Kalai:)

2007111419740_NIP.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

airrat

Looks more like Northfolk WHITEOUT pine. I am just glad there are no freaky eyes staring out of this one at me.[:eek:)][:eek:)][:eek:)]:D:D[:p]

great12b4ever

Here I am trying to learn how to turn and make decent pens, then I see the fountain pens and decide to start on those, and key chains, and bottle stoppers, and dibbles, and weed pots, and gavels, and tool handles, and letter openers, and magnifying glasses, I haven't even started on bowls, and then you show these vases. STOP IT. My plate is full and I only have another 20-25 years (hopefully) to learn how and then make all these things. LOL;)

Seriously, that looks GREAT. I like the eyes staring at you. I need to make one for LOML and say Here's looking at you!

Rob

louisbry

Chris, the shape and finish of your vase is quite outstanding. Good work! I was wondering what kind of hollowing tools you use. I have to build a steady rest so I can attempt a large vase and I hope it comes out anywhere close to yours.

penhead

Local Chapter Leader
Chris, that is just downright plain beautiful. Awesome turning..!

And sorry, just gotta ask quickly while drooling over my keyboard,
any chance you might offer any blanks that size for us...:)[:I]

Kalai

Hi everyone, thanks for the comments.:)
Brad the wood turns well when it is wet and it is a bit harder on the endgrain when it is gry but not bad, the knots are tough but worth it.:)
Louis I use David Ellsworth's hollowing tools and PRO-FORME HOLLOWING TOOLS. I will give a free turning class to any IAP member that comes to The Big Island of Hawaii:)
Hay John, I can post larger pieces of Norfolk Pine, I just did this last batch so it fits in a flat rate box. Let me know what you need and I will get it for you.
The finish on the inside is the same as the outside and it is a special process of applying the polly that enables me to do this, aloha.

Chris

penhead

Local Chapter Leader
Thanks Chris, as soon as things slow down a little and I catch up with myself will get back to you on some more of the NIP....and the seasons weather caught up with us today, 70's yesterday with 50's today...free turning class in Hawaii right now, oh my.. [:p]

Originally posted by Kalai

Hi everyone, thanks for the comments.:)
Brad the wood turns well when it is wet and it is a bit harder on the endgrain when it is gry but not bad, the knots are tough but worth it.:)
Louis I use David Ellsworth's hollowing tools and PRO-FORME HOLLOWING TOOLS. I will give a free turning class to any IAP member that comes to The Big Island of Hawaii:)
Hay John, I can post larger pieces of Norfolk Pine, I just did this last batch so it fits in a flat rate box. Let me know what you need and I will get it for you.
The finish on the inside is the same as the outside and it is a special process of applying the polly that enables me to do this, aloha.

Chris

Top Bottom