Another Helpful Tool (Turning Caddy)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

egnald

This is another helpful tool that I use when turning. It is essentially a small caddy that helps me keep track of my blanks, tubes, and bushings while I am turning. It has a place for a blank and tube on each side (I keep the Nib to the Left and the Cap to the Right), a row of shelf pins that I use to store my bushings in the proper order, and a row of shelf pins to store my non-stick HDPE bushings on.

The whole thing helps me keep track of everything in the correct orientation between cutting, gluing, squaring, turning, finishing, sanding, etc. It also provides a nice platform for moving the bits and pieces between my assembly table, sanding station, and lathe. The place for the blanks is shorter than the actual blanks themselves so that the ends hang over - this is useful when I use CA to seal the end grain after squaring, that way the ends are not touching anything while the CA dries.

I just made it with some 1/2-inch Baltic plywood, some shelf pins, and a few pieces of 90 degree molding glued down.

A couple of photos follow that explain it much better than anything I can write.

Regards,
Dave

IMG_1481.JPG
IMG_1482.JPG

Top Bottom