Another Box, Personal Challenge

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KenB259

I have made plenty of 4 sided boxes so I decided to challenge myself to make a 6 sided one. Initially I figured this wouldn't turn out well enough to finish. It's always important to me, that on symmetrical boxes that the lid fits in any orientation and this one does. Wood is just some leftover cherry from some other project. Comments and constructive critiques always welcome.

Attachments

• IMG_4126.jpeg
    IMG_4126.jpeg
    285.3 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_4127.jpeg
    IMG_4127.jpeg
    248.2 KB · Views: 69
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Hippie3180

I have made plenty of 4 sided boxes so I decided to challenge myself to make a 6 sided one. Initially I figured this wouldn't turn out well enough to finish. It's always important to me, that on symmetrical boxes that the lid fits in any orientation and this one does. Wood is just some leftover cherry from some other project. Comments and constructive critiques always welcome.
Impeccable work, everything looks so on point.

leehljp

Member Liaison
Excellent. Were you looking to make the six sided box specifically, or, was that a self test of skills with your miter saw? Either way, you did excellent, and I like your attitude in making the lid to be able to fit in any orientation.

KenB259

Excellent. Were you looking to make the six sided box specifically, or, was that a self test of skills with your miter saw? Either way, you did excellent, and I like your attitude in making the lid to be able to fit in any orientation.
Both really. I'm glad to say it was really no more difficult than a regular 4 sided box.

Top Bottom