Another bowl - pushin' the limits

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Kenobi

Another bowl finished , and this is probably the best I can possibly do on my small lathe. Sapeli&Maple, diam. 9.5"(24,5cm) height 4" (10cm). My hands hurts from hours of sanding,but it was worth it:)
1000033216.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PreacherJon

Another bowl finished , and this is probably the best I can possibly do on my small lathe. Sapeli&Maple, diam. 9.5"(24,5cm) height 4" (10cm). My hands hurts from hours of sanding,but it was worth it:)
Nice bowl... but why did it take hours to sand it... Can't figure out why your hands should be hurting?

Kenobi

Nice bowl... but why did it take hours to sand it... Can't figure out why your hands should be hurting?
I only got basic toolrest, so on the inside, especially the bottom, the gouge was far over it,and it was difficult to keep it steady. Also,I wanted it to be shiny,so I went all the way to down to 800 grit.

PreacherJon

I only got basic toolrest, so on the inside, especially the bottom, the gouge was far over it,and it was difficult to keep it steady. Also,I wanted it to be shiny,so I went all the way to down to 800 grit.
Bottom feeder Bowl gouge will help with that. Also.. are you sand by hand?

Top Bottom