Another Antler Stand

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Dehn0045

Dehn0045

This set is going to a silent auction that is supporting a young family with their medical expenses. The wood is Pecan, finished with shine juice. I was going to do something different, but I liked the last one so much I decided not to change it up.

PSX_20190602_154645.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Woodchipper

Thanks, noting the formula and keeping it in my shop notes. How long does each coat take to dry? Should be quick with the DNA. How do you store it? How long does a batch last- shelf life?

Dehn0045

I store it in glass canning jars, transfer to cheap plastic bottles for use (https://www.harborfreight.com/8-oz-storage-bottles-with-twist-caps-3-pk-63694.html). Shelf life seems quite long-- ive had my forst batch for atleast 6 months, only problem is that the DNA will evaporate - storing in canning jars helps prevent this. You can always mark a line on your bottle and then make-up any DNA that evaporated. I only waited a couple of minutes between coats, on a lathe with heat it dries even faster. I'm far from an expert, but its a super easy finish that gives me decent results with flatwork that doesn't see a ton of handling.

Woodchipper

Sehn0045, many thanks. Like Harbor Freight so I'll get some bottles. I use the bottles with the Yorker caps and red covers for DNA, Acetone, BLO.

Top Bottom