Annual Competitions

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Cwalker935

I did pretty well in the annual Richmond Wood Turners and James River Wood Carver's competitions this last weekend. Entered 3 pieces and received 3 ribbons. Blue Ribbon in the Professional Mandrel category for a watch parts pen. White ribbon in the professional lidded box category for my teapot and third place in the novice functional category for my carved quill pen. I do not consider myself a professional turner but have to enter my stuff in that category per the rules. It's pretty hard to run with the big dawgs, but I managed to get off the porch.

I also did a demo on making teapots during the exhibition and survived. I feel pretty good about the way it went.

09379049-72D5-40E4-BED1-21CAADEABB77.jpeg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Cwalker935

I think it's great your beautiful teapot got a ribbon. Congrats on all 3, you earned them.

The teapot was beat out in the lidded box category by two pieces turned by a real professional who actually makes a living turning. One of the two pieces won best in show. So I feel pretty good about placing in that category.

I think it's great your beautiful teapot got a ribbon. Congrats on all 3, you earned them.

The teapot was beat out in the lidded box category by two pieces turned by a real professional who actually makes a living turning. One of the two pieces won best in show. So I feel pretty good about placing in that category.

And you should! Taking 3rd to a true professional is a noteworthy feat. Congrats once again.

Top Bottom