And the Winners of the Youth Pen Contest Are

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mr Vic

The real winner is the Mother of these to young folks Jennifer Etheredge, IAP handle "jennera". Unfortunately she's over the age of 17 so I had to disqualify her.

The contest was real close and both Rebecca and Logan deserve a big round of applause.

The Second place Winner of the "2017 Summer Extravaganza 17 and Under Youth Pen Contest" is Logan with his Osage Orange Slim Line.
His Prize is: Pen kits and blanks from hcpens

attachment.php

And the First Place Winner of the "2017 Summer Extravaganza 17 and Under Youth Pen Contest" is Rebecca with her Flaming Box Elder Dragon Pen.
Her Prize is: A $50 Gift certificate from George Robutacion for his Bits of Timber

attachment.php

I expect to see more from these two in the future. Awesome Job by both of you

Attachments

• E01P01.jpg
    E01P01.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 616
  • E02PO3.jpg
    E02PO3.jpg
    168.9 KB · Views: 432
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Woodchipper

Very nice pens. I will keep this in mind for a future contest and enter my grandson's pens. Have some that he will help me with for Christmas presents. Or, I just might get him a kit and turn him loose.

jennera

Thanks, Mr Vic for hosting the contest! It has been a fun month in our house as Logan started to turn some more and Rebecca has been holding pens as "possible entries" that I could not post until a decision was made!

I hope to post photos of some of those this weekend but we will be reorganizing the garage again so that both kids can work safely at the same time with plently of room. We have a large lathe and a mini lathe but they are not set up where both kids can work at the same time.

An order has been placed for some Christmas ornament kits so I cant wait to see what they make with those.

Thanks to everyone with the IAP as you have all been very supportive and encouraging!

Jennifer

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Mr Vic

Thanks Jennifer,

If it wasn't fun to run these I probably wouldn't. I'll be in touch when we get to finalize the prize deliveries. By the By you may need to update your signature to "Mom of 2 young penturners".

Thanks to all who got out and voted as well. this one was down to the wire.

jennera

We were happy Logan is showing interest again and wanted to enter the contest. When we told him his sister won he said "Of course she did!". He has adopted Rebecca's practice of making pens for his friends birthday's this year so hopefully as it cools off they will spend some more time in the garage.

Rebecca was pleased that her entry #12 in the PWP contest did as well as it did considering her experience level. I have encouraged her to create her own account but for now she prefers to let me do the posting. Some of the questions I post come directly from her when she is looking for suggestions.

Both kids love to see all the beautiful creations from everyone!

And my signature has been updated!

Top Bottom