An Overdue Gift for my Youngest Son

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from OZturner

moke

Brian,
That is a gift that will last him his lifetime and give him a source for many stories to come, I'm sure. Well done.

I have never made a Kallenshann blank before, did you use CA? And if so, did you flood it with thin or med, after it was together to ensure it would stay together?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OZturner

Brian,
That is a gift that will last him his lifetime and give him a source for many stories to come, I'm sure. Well done.

I have never made a Kallenshann blank before, did you use CA? And if so, did you flood it with thin or med, after it was together to ensure it would stay together?
Thank you Mike, for your very kind Comments.
I used a Super Thin CA (5 cps) to fix, and then flood the Blank, to ensure as best I could so that all joining parts were fixed, I then applied further several coats of Super Thin CA to fill any gaps, I left the Blank rotating slowly on my lathe, so that no drop points would form. Also I did not use any Accelerator on the CA, I let it air dry while rotating.
I turned the Blank to my desired Diameter, reapplied Super Thin CA.
I continued this until I had a level coating all over the Blank, then I used Micro Mesh to 12000 to Polish the CA, Finished with a coat of Renaissance Wax, buffed briskly by hand with a soft Cloth.
I cannot speak highly enough about Kallenshaan Blanks, and their Engineering.
Kindest regards,
Brian

thomgarner

๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ Very nicely done. I am new to this wonderful hobby and hope to make one of these one day. The inlay work is well done and the fit and finish is superb! Your son will be thrilled ๐Ÿ˜

OZturner

๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ Very nicely done. I am new to this wonderful hobby and hope to make one of these one day. The inlay work is well done and the fit and finish is superb! Your son will be thrilled ๐Ÿ˜
Thank You Tom, for your Kind Comments, greatly appreciated.
I cannot speak too highly of my enthusiasm and pleasure in using Kallenshaan Laser Cut Blanks.
Regards,
Brian.

Top Bottom