Americana cap question.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Firefyter-emt

Ok, I am not a happy person here. I just tried to put togather a CSUSA Rhodium Americana FP and the cap is no where close to fitting. Now I did not take off 1/8"+ which is how much this kit seems to need on the cap to fit. I was VERY carefull as I have not done one of these before. I made the tendon 7.9mm (5/16") per instructions on the long tube. Both the cap on and posting is about a 1/8" too short like the upper cap is not long enough. A new tube is 55mm long and with the center band on my upper cap is 56.1 Now, tell me. Is the removed portion wrong? Can anyone measure the length of a cap (without the top nut and clip) :(

Edit for better mood. :D

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Firefyter-emt

Well Stan, That did work, but I also trimmed a little off the "thread end" and it seemed like I ran out of screw head inside. I switched to a flat blade for a grip and was able to get it in far enough. Whew, I was not happy as this was for me and a VERY dark African Black wood on Rhodium, quite stunning. Now what still remains, is this kind of normal and just the plastic part, or is my cap short. The full cap length is 24.23mm with clip and final. Did I remove too much on the tendon? I just don't buy the tube removal as I was just that carefull on this kit. I measured another kit I have not put togahter and it's 24.95mm (from 25mm)

EDIT: Thanks!! [:D]

mrcook4570

Those nib cap adjuster tools are much easier to use than a screw driver for adjusting the depth of the plastic part. That plastic part acts as a depth stop for the cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom