American Association of Wood Turners

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I've seen some posts recently about the AAW. I'm thinking about joining and was just wondering how many IAP members are also members of the AAW? Pro's and cons are appreciated.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Curly

Member and of Hub City Turners a chapter in Saskatoon. Also below to Saskatchewan Woodworkers Guild. It has some of the same turners in it plus carvers, wood burners, furniture, instrument makers et cetera. More groups = more information.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I also belong, and have attended several conferences and Symposiums. The breadth of what is displayed at their Instant Galleries, demos, lectures and resources is well worth your time. I have also displayed the IAP Collection at 4 Chapters and was well received. I rarely attend the local chapters anymore simply due to the time, but their mentoring early on was very helpful for some basic tool control lessons.

duncsuss

Member of AAW (and member of a local chapter, that is a turning club).

The magazine is worth the annual subscription in my opinion, add to it the online resources (which include nearly every back-copy of the magazine as well as how-to videos and forums) and it's great value.

bmachin

Been an off and on member. Just recently rejoined and attended the annual symposium in Raleigh last month. Amazing demos by world class turners. Next year's symposium will be in Louisville.

Something for everybody. Take a look around the AAW website here:

and the AAW forum here:

Bill

mg_dreyer

Been a member of the AWW for about 10 years. I have also been fortunate enough to have demoed at the National Symposium in Atlanta a few years ago and Portland last year. It's a great organization and the magazine alone is worth it. They have also supported the MPG and attended the symposium last year.

And the added benefit of hanging with Mark James at this years event

Gary Beasley

Top Bottom