Amboyna Pen - Gloss Urushi finish

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Teodor

Teodor

Hello everyone,
I hope you are all well.

This is my first wooden pen impregnated with Urushi - Fuki Urushi with a glossy finished.
I will use it everyday to ensure the wood will not change. The wood is amboyna.
The cap has an Ebonite lining for the threads. The interior of both, barel and cap are also wiped with Urushi. The body threads are from Ebonite and finished with urushi.
The section is from Ebonite, hakeme technique sprinkled with golden powder.

I have a couple of iron wood blanks, I will try several other techniques.

Nice day all,
Teo
5bdf1c94b287fd61c424f2c07aaa9f15.jpg
d3ac165cabb9e86d61cc7c308806a44d.jpg
e0d11ee1d5b5f8dbed1ac54b027a4bda.jpg
f822c509f7914dd711e560bf69be467b.jpg

Sent from my Mi Note 10 using Tapatalk

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenHog

Beautiful work!

Questions: Can explain what you mean when you say ``I will use it everyday to ensure the wood will not change.''? How might the wood change and how do you prevent this?

(I've been thinking about making a wood fountain pen, so I'm curious what kind of maintenance is required.)

Thanks!

Teodor

Beautiful work!

Questions: Can explain what you mean when you say ``I will use it everyday to ensure the wood will not change.''? How might the wood change and how do you prevent this?

(I've been thinking about making a wood fountain pen, so I'm curious what kind of maintenance is required.)

Thanks!

The material has been saturated with raw Urushi to "seal" it.
Urushi cures under strict conditions of temperature and humidity.
So I need to know if the curring conditions have affected the wood in order to improve the process.

The pen has been entirely covered in Urushi so the maintenance is the same asthe lacquered objects, avoid UV, keep the pen closed, avoid cleaning with a cloth if left outside as the dust can act as abrazive.

Sent from my Mi Note 10 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom