Amboyna Dura Click EDC Brass

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mark james

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
My brother asked for 10-15 of the EDC pens for his slaves at work. I ordered some 5 colored sets (Exotic Blanks), so there will be an opportunity to match the blanks with the platings. This is an Amboyna blank with the Brass kit. I wish the clip and top button were also Brass, but it's still a nice combo.

Glu Boost finish (dry sanded, no water - yes it works).

I hope the pictures are clear; I have recently had numerous permanent "floaters" emerge in both eyes, so the vision is not as good anymore (yes, I did go to the Dr's - no retinal tears yet, but the flashing lights are cool).

Attachments

• IMG_1376.jpg
    IMG_1376.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 290
  • IMG_1377.jpg
    IMG_1377.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 312
  • IMG_1375.jpg
    IMG_1375.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 271
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Very nice pen, Mark !!! . I very much like the kit !!

This pen kit, which, I believe, is the first commercial kit to use the Schmidt SKM-88 click mechanism, could be the beginning of a "revolutionary change" in click pen kits. . It is so quiet in operation it's a pleasure to use, and it's reputed to be ultra-reliable.

Berea has also recently released a click pen kit featuring this click mechanism. . It is called the "Blade".

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
Nice job Mark. I've always been a fan of that click mechanism and when I saw the kits on sale I bought the set as I needed some for gift requests. I too wish the mechanism matched the kit and I can't say I'm a fan of the refill extender. Too difficult to communicate to the eventual recipient and on one that I made, it was actually hanging up on the finial and I had to taper it. Sorry to hijack, but it's been on my mind for a few days.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Nice pen. It's fun to do some without segmenting isn't it?

LOL đź‘Ź đź‘Ź đź‘Ź . Yes Steve!

I really like and appreciate a nice wood blank (pretty wood pen). That is why I got into this hobby - a wood Cross pen. But I got sucked into the rabbit hole with segmenting and now use reasonably plain woods and cut them into thin strips.

But I have lots of "special" blanks that will be fun to finally use. I will probably do 15 of the Duro EDC for my brother with no segmenting (at least as of this hour). I took my time, went slow and this pen took about 1 hr start to finish. That's a far cry from 1-2 months for my segmenting ones.

I will appreciate the beauty of a few more timbers.

Be well

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Nice job Mark. I've always been a fan of that click mechanism and when I saw the kits on sale I bought the set as I needed some for gift requests. I too wish the mechanism matched the kit and I can't say I'm a fan of the refill extender. Too difficult to communicate to the eventual recipient and on one that I made, it was actually hanging up on the finial and I had to taper it. Sorry to hijack, but it's been on my mind for a few days.

I understand your thoughts Bruce. Mine have not gotten hung up (5 so far) and are very smooth. But adding a note to the eventual recipient about not to lose the extender is not the best. I can live with the mismatched colors. Honestly, I also like the longer barrel, so until the top mechanism is made for the actual refill size I'll still use it.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Very nice pen, Mark !!! . I very much like the kit !!

This pen kit, which, I believe, is the first commercial kit to use the Schmidt SKM-88 click mechanism, could be the beginning of a "revolutionary change" in click pen kits. . It is so quiet in operation it's a pleasure to use, and it's reputed to be ultra-reliable.

Berea has also recently released a click pen kit featuring this click mechanism. . It is called the "Blade".

Hi Mal. I'll need to look at the Berea entry. I do like this mechanism, so I'll support all vendors to explore their options.

I'm not into sales or production turning, so that customer feedback I do not have. What I have heard from family and friends is that a twist pen, or a 2-barrel posted/nonposted, is not very convenient in many work situations. This mechanism is great (not perfect if it hangs up at times, but well better than what we had previously)

Be well.

TonyL

My brother asked for 10-15 of the EDC pens for his slaves at work. I ordered some 5 colored sets (Exotic Blanks), so there will be an opportunity to match the blanks with the platings. This is an Amboyna blank with the Brass kit. I wish the clip and top button were also Brass, but it's still a nice combo.

Glu Boost finish (dry sanded, no water - yes it works).

I hope the pictures are clear; I have recently had numerous permanent "floaters" emerge in both eyes, so the vision is not as good anymore (yes, I did go to the Dr's - no retinal tears yet, but the flashing lights are cool).
Can't go wrong. Well done!

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator

magpens

Hey, awesome wood grain is cool!
But vision issues may dictate future projects. I may be a one-eyed bandit.
All is well.

Hey ! ..... How do you quote two different posts in the same post ? . I can't even get your quotes to appear in this quote of you, Mark ???

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I got lucky! Evidently it does work, but I'm not sure.

Hey ! ..... How do you quote two different posts in the same post ? . I can't even get your quotes to appear in this quote of you, Mark ???

I got lucky! Evidently it does work, but I'm not sure of the process yet.

I believe I clicked on "post Reply" for both of the posts, then went to the preview and they both were there. I went back to my reply post and on the bottom row typed my reply. Evidently the software is better than we know, just different than before.

I'll test it again. (wait).

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Nice pen. It's fun to do some without segmenting isn't it?

Great job Mark. This is my new favorite pen kit.

THIS IS JUST A TEST ON REPLYING TO MULTIPLE POSTS - DON'T RESPOND.

OK, MAL, I clicked on "post Reply" for two posts, then came down to the bottom of the page and the reply had the two posts entered, and I'm able to do a reply to each. I can also reply to each seperately by adding lines between the posts.

Hope this is helpful.

pshrynk

I ordered the Starter Kit for the EDC pen from PSI and can't wait to get my hands on them. If they are as great as the reviews here, I may have my standard pen to replace the Slim Lines I've been producing...

Top Bottom