amboyna burl and maple burl blanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

isaacrapelje

More blanks for you guys to use. I have kept these around for a while as they are all high quality.

Group 1: Amboyna burl blanks that are all about 3/4 x 5. These were all cut from veneer grade burls towards the outside of the burl where the figure is strongest and therefore some have a little bit of sapwood. Sometimes the sapwood can have a hairline crack like on blank #5 but a little CA and it is solid and unnoticeable. $18 each. or all of them for $95 with preference to someone who wants them all because shipping individual blanks quite a bit more work but if no one wants them all I would be happy to break them up.

Group 2: Amboyna two tone blanks. These blanks all have about 30-70% sapwood for a true two tone blank which is hard to get in amboyna because of the thin layer of sapwood. I can send you pictures of the other side to show the % of sapwood but these will make artistic pens that are quick to sell in my experience. $18 each. #1 and 2 have a natural edge on one end so just short of 5 inches. #4 is 7/8 ".

Group 3: 3 real nice jumbo 7/8 amboyna blanks and one blank (#4) that tapers and should yield a 3/4 blank. $40 total

Group 4: Spalted maple burl, enough material for 20+ blanks some real nice spalting, blacklines in some. Some will need stabilization some will not. $38

Attachments

• 1 amboyna group1.jpg
    1 amboyna group1.jpg
    420.4 KB · Views: 187
  • 1 amboyna with sap.jpg
    1 amboyna with sap.jpg
    317.8 KB · Views: 186
  • 1 jumbo amboyna.jpg
    1 jumbo amboyna.jpg
    319.6 KB · Views: 182
  • 1 maple burl group.jpg
    1 maple burl group.jpg