Amber and Damascus

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jalbert

jalbert

Here is a fountain pen I finished up. I had the urge to play with Damascus steel some more, but generally hate pairing it with other busy materials, so I chose this transparent amber resin. The clip was made in two pieces, with a Damascus body and silver ring, which I blackened to match the Damascus. The ring and clip body are riveted together. It has a bock #6 nib, and is converter filled.
C2F11092-238D-4F81-98F5-2809F3478232.jpeg
FE8C2855-07C7-49BF-9976-FA287B78E240.jpeg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Penchant 4

Here is a fountain pen I finished up. I had the urge to play with Damascus steel some more, but generally hate pairing it with other busy materials, so I chose this transparent amber resin. The clip was made in two pieces, with a Damascus body and silver ring, which I blackened to match the Damascus. The ring and clip body are riveted together. It has a bock #6 nib, and is converter filled. View attachment 315569View attachment 315570
Very nice, as usual. How are you achieving the interior polish?

CjG78

Absolutely spectacular, also interested in your process of polishing the insides. I tried a piece of cellulose that was extremely clear and for the life of me couldn't remove the scratches

jalbert

Absolutely spectacular, also interested in your process of polishing the insides. I tried a piece of cellulose that was extremely clear and for the life of me couldn't remove the scratches
I use an aluminum rod with a slit cut in it to hold the sandpaper. I go from about 320 to 3000, and then through the novus compounds. I've got some magic juice on the way, so I am curious to see how that works instead of the novus.

eteska

I use an aluminum rod with a slit cut in it to hold the sandpaper. I go from about 320 to 3000, and then through the novus compounds. I've got some magic juice on the way, so I am curious to see how that works instead of the novus.
Do you hold the aluminum rod in a collet chuck?

Top Bottom