Amazing find

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from TheHoneymooners

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's one of the Cigar pens I did today, along side a Patriot I did a couple of weeks ago. Both are from the same lot of blanks I bought off eBay...I thought I'd never seen anything as pretty as the Patriot....til I turned the Cigar...It's amazing how the Burl varies...I gotta find that guy on eBay and get some more of this!

200542324854_2BoxElderBurls.jpg

200542324913_2BoxElderBurls2.jpg

The Cigar is one pen that won't be sold...It's going in my pocket!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Thumbs

How is the Friction Polish holding up with the Carnouba? Do you allow a cure time between coats of the FP or the FP and Carnauba or C /Carnauba(I hate spelling that out! Does it have an acro......Aarrgh!?)[:)]

Ben, those are turned from some Boxelder burl I bought off eBay. it had been stablized and turned very nicely...I'm trying to find some more as I only have a couple of blanks left. Each one is a surprise, all different!

wayneis

Nice job on the pens but that wood looks more like buckeye burl than box elder. Also there are several places that sell wood like that so you won't have a real hard time finding it. BB has some very nice buckeye burl and box elder burl, thats where I would start my search.

Wayne

Wayne, after posting last night I looked the guy up on eBay , he had 8 of the blanks left ...so I bought em all. But he does advertise it as Boxelder burl... Man he's also got some real pretty knife scales!

scturner

I just started making pens. I also sand down to 12,000 MM but usually only use one coat of Crystal coat ( I love the finish it gives) then, finish with the Beall buffing system. Question is though, do you do any sanding between the Crystal coats? or just apply 3 layers (coats) of it?

I have to agree..those are some beautiful pens!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom