ALUMINIUM

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Dalecamino

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
:biggrin: Here's one I had fun with. 6061T Aluminum pen with a Schmidt EasyFlow 9000 refill which, is supported by a small spring I purchased from Mike Redburn maybe, three years ago. Turned on a Metal Lathe, used a metal file and sandpaper to finish the tapers and, get the brushed look. I think that about covers it :redface: If you have questions, I'll try to answer them. Thanks for looking!:biggrin:

Attachments

• IMG_1691 (2).jpg
    IMG_1691 (2).jpg
    189.2 KB · Views: 288
  • IMG_1690 (2).jpg
    IMG_1690 (2).jpg
    217.6 KB · Views: 332
  • IMG_1689 (2).jpg
    IMG_1689 (2).jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 332
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Yes AWESOME ! . So beautiful ! . But why do you spell aluminium the way skiprat does ? :eek::confused:

Last edited:

Charlie69

Well done! Did you make the clip? I struggle with finding clips that I like and/or work well with the cap. I've thought about trying to make one but it seems like a mill would be the best way to do it (which I don't have) or get into the casting business (which I'm not going to do:)).

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Well done! Did you make the clip? I struggle with finding clips that I like and/or work well with the cap. I've thought about trying to make one but it seems like a mill would be the best way to do it (which I don't have) or get into the casting business (which I'm not going to do:)).
Thanks! No I don't make clips either. I think Roy may have some of these and other styles at classicnib.com

ldb2000

Chuck great job on this one ... At least you figured out how to put a clip on it unlike someone else who shall remain nameless :biggrin:
Love the satin finish but I will warn you it will tarnish faster then high polished but it don't show the surface scratches of everyday use .
Glad to see you came over to the dark side :biggrin:

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Yes AWESOME ! . So beautiful ! . But why do you spell aluminium the way skiprat does ? :eek::confused:

Because that's the CORRECT spelling. :wink:

You finished it off perfectly, Chuck.
I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with in the future.:biggrin:

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Dale, it looks great. Now we need to work on contouring that nosecone for a little more flair in your design.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Chuck: I do believe you nailed this one. I do like the final touches you added - it makes for a softer appearance. And I like Mike's thought about a slimmer cone, but I'm glad you saved that thought for "the next one!"

And, if this is in any way a by-product of a "road-trip"... Then we need to plan another. :biggrin:

I'm suspecting the next few will be fun to see!

Top Bottom