Aluminium Streamline..

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Ligget

Ligget

Sorry I have not been around much lately, better now so I want to show you all this Streamline twist pen I made, it is aluminium with black titanium hardware. Mirror finish obtained by wet sanding from 240 up to 600, then wet micromesh from 1500 to 12000. Finally Brasso and Ren Wax on top.:cool:

Turned using woodturning tools on my wood lathe, best way for me I found!

Comments welcomed ....:)

PICT0009.jpg

jttheclockman

Excellent choice of kit and the finish on it looks great. I am just getting started at turning metal pens and trying to pick peopl's brains here. May I ask how did you true up the blanks??? Did you us a barrel trimmer or sand the ends???

ldb2000

Stunning pen Mark . Great choice of kits for it . The contrast really makes it stand out . Your fit and finish is dead on . Spectacular :good::good::good:

jttheclockman

Sorry I have not been around much lately, better now so I want to show you all this Streamline twist pen I made, it is aluminium with black titanium hardware. Mirror finish obtained by wet sanding from 240 up to 600, then wet micromesh from 1500 to 12000. Finally Brasso and Ren Wax on top.:cool:

Turned using woodturning tools on my wood lathe, best way for me I found!

Comments welcomed ....:)

PICT0009.jpg

Mark when you said you wet sanded, did you just plain water or a mineral oil??? I have gotten mine to the point I am ready to sand to a finish. I am not sure if I want a very shiney finish or a satin finish.

Ligget

John I wet sanded with water, if you stop the finishing process when you reach 12000mm the finish will be satin.

If you want a mirror finish then apply Brasso and buff with dry cloth, do this several times. I put a couple of coats of Ren Wax on at the end to help with finger prints, good luck!:)

Top Bottom