Alumilite

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JohnU

That has been happening a lot this year. Ed and Dawn have it in stock. That's where I get mine.

Stwil

That has been happening a lot this year. Ed and Dawn have it in stock. That's where I get mine.
I know this is off the current topic but I haven't had much success with an answer. I have Alumilite clear slow. Have a pressure pot. Have started making the tube in blanks. I mixed by weight and stirred for two min. Pressure was 45 psi. For 2.5 hrs. When I took it out it was not clear. It was milky white. I have no clue why. If it's humidity or cold what should it be? I just don't know how to fix this. Can you help me. Thanks.

MRDucks2

Milky white tends to indicate a moisture issue. 2.5 minutes of stirring is pretty fast but as long as it was clear with no streaks you should be OK, presuming it cured properly.

The moisture could be from humidity, the wrong type of mold release (if you se any) or residual moisture from whatever you are putting in your tubes for casting over.

If persistent, the first thing I would try is preheating the mold, even with the tube and all in it. You should start this as a new thread to get better input.

Top Bottom