Alumilite has a new website for resin turning

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Alumilite has a new website dedicated to resin turning. https://www.resinturning.com/
You can stop by and check it out. They have videos and a gallery instructions and links to their products. I have invited them to open a vendor thread in our vendors forum to interact with us. They have been constant supporters of IAP for many years.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
It's a nice site but in at least one video they say that pressure reduces the size of bubbles. Not true - it serves to keep whatever air is in the resin to go into solution. I tried to write them about this a while ago but got no response. It's basic physics, just like the bubbles in soda. Under pressure, they're not visible but when pressure is released, they come out of solution. Good products, but bad information.

its_virgil

It's a nice site but in at least one video they say that pressure reduces the size of bubbles. Not true - it serves to keep whatever air is in the resin to go into solution. I tried to write them about this a while ago but got no response. It's basic physics, just like the bubbles in soda. Under pressure, they're not visible but when pressure is released, they come out of solution. Good products, but bad information.
Bruce,
This is the most misunderstood topic of casting with pressure. You and I have discussed this and I often try to educate but those who make videos seem to be considered the authority. There is lots of bad information delivered by videos and articles, not just about casting, but about many other penturning and wood turning topics. Thanks for your post.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Top Bottom