Alumilite Discount

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
In addition to providing prizes for the Bash, Alumilite has asked me to post this discount for them.

In Celebration of the annual Birthday Bash, Alumilite is offering a discount of:

20% off all purchases for volumes through the 1 gallon kits (2 mixed gallons)

10% discount on the ten gallon and drum kits

Use code: IAP2013

Casting Resin and Silicone Mold Making Rubber

Last edited by a moderator:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

woodwzrd

I am looking at thier site and it looks like the alumilite clear is offered in 16 and 32oz. and 2 gallon quantities. If I am reading this correctly only the 16oz. is discounted?

Thanks

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
The 2 gallons is also discounted. They used to call it a gallon kit which is actually 2 gallons of resin, one of A and one of B.

Oh, and the #1 kit does not mean 1 pound but rather number 1 kit which is the 2 gallons mentioned above.

Last edited:

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
For clear casting, Alumilite Clear is the preferred resin.
What is the difference between Clear, Water Clear and Amazing Clear Cast?

This is the most complete comparison you will find.....

http://www.penturners.org/forum/f43/differences-alumilite-forumlations-88906/

Thank you. I knew I had seen it somewhere but couldn't remember where.
I guess you start forgetting things once you turn...........(how old am I ?)......oh yeah, 60.

Djnevis

Getting ready to order more Alumilite. Noticed Water Clear is being reformulated. Any ideas what they are doing to it and will it be better for casting than the current Water Clear? Which clear is best for pens? Clear or WaterClear?

Thanks - Don

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Getting ready to order more Alumilite. Noticed Water Clear is being reformulated. Any ideas what they are doing to it and will it be better for casting than the current Water Clear? Which clear is best for pens? Clear or WaterClear?

Thanks - Don

Clear is best for pens. It was designed specifically to give better properties for polishing on the lathe. The water clear is their original clear formula and does not polish as well as clear.

And no, water clear will not be any better. It is being reformulated due to one of the components that goes into it no longer being made.

Mordi

Getting Started with alumilite

I am just now learning about casting and this looks like a great deal -too good to pass up :) . I would like to take advantage of the sale prices.

I need some help in getting a good starter set of materials. Would the 32oz be a good initial purchase? How many 3/4" x 5" pen blanks could I expect to yield? I guess I should also pick up a few dyes as well?...

It looks like I am going to need a pressure pot too- any suggestions?

Any help for a newbie would be appreciated :biggrin:

Thanks,
Mordi

Cashew

I waited too long, tried to get the discount a few mins ago. Oh well, more money to buy blanks. I'll make sure to put it on my to do list next years bash.

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
The code was for the birthday bash since it is in the Birthday Bash Vendors Discount Forum!

Here is a copy and paste from the opening post:

In Celebration of the annual Birthday Bash, Alumilite is offering a discount of:

Top Bottom