Alumilite Clear or Alumilite Clear (Slow)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Alumilite Clear and Clear Slow are the same, one just has a 7 minute open time and the other a 12 minute open time. I personally prefer a faster setting resin but I don't do large pours. I want to get on with it and use regular Clear. An older formula used to only have 5 min and it was even better for my use.

VotTak

Appreciate your answer, Curtis.
At the time I asked the question I ran out of alumilite rezin and wanted to buy new batch. Waited for input a bit and went with regular alumilite to be on safe side.

Marko50

I use Alumilite Clear slow set. I do humongous pours and the extra 5 minutes makes a massive difference for me. I used to rush my pours just to beat that 7 minute open time. ...made me a wreck! I thought I would try the slow set and it has made all the difference in the world for me.

There is one quirky thing about it though that you should know; When you're measuring it out on your scale, make sure that the "B" side is measured just a tiny, tiny scōshe heavier, as in 0.05 oz heavier. If you don't you will get a very slight, almost imperceptible misting. Drove me nuts at first. I called Carol over at Alumilite and she gave that fix to me. Works every time now!

...just my ¢.02 worth

carlconner

Curtis, thank you for your kind reply! I don't think the link provided by Don (which I had previously located via search) had the update for this newer version at the time of my post.

Top Bottom