Alternative to "Windows Media Player" ( WMP ) ?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Can anyone recommend an alternative to WMP ?

I find WMP somewhat difficult to use . . . never quite know where to find things, so I am looking for a software package that is better organized and more user-friendly.

Doesn't have to be freeware, but that would be nice ! It does have to have "rip" and "burn" capability.

A Google search brings up several alternatives . . . one of which is VLC . . . it seems to be quite highly recommended. Anybody use it and like it ?

All suggestions and any supporting comments would be welcome ! Thanks in advance !

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fine Engineer

I find WMP somewhat difficult to use . . . never quite know where to find things, so I am looking for a software package that is better organized and more user-friendly.

Doesn't have to be freeware, but that would be nice ! It does have to have "rip" and "burn" capability.

A Google search brings up several alternatives . . . one of which is VLC . . . it seems to be quite highly recommended. Anybody use it and like it ?

All suggestions and any supporting comments would be welcome ! Thanks in advance !
VLC is my go-to media player. I've used it for years and there's hardly a format out there that it can't process.

sorcerertd

VLC has been around a long time and is tried and true. I have used it in the past on computers, but can't speak on how it works with windows 10 and 11. The app version does work well on my android phone and even let's me listen to youtube sound without having to keep the screen on.

bzahn

I like VLC a lot, too.

Top Bottom