Allumilite casting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dave barclay

how long does it take to get the smell out after its turned and finished did a simple bowl in oct. 2019 still smells jan 2020

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

FGarbrecht

I've turned a fair amount of alumilite pens and there isn't any odor. Is your bowl a hybrid wood / alumilite casting? Maybe you're smelling the wood? I suppose the other possibility is that there are a number of alumilite products available; the alumilite clear and alumilite clear slow that I use don't smell much at all, but perhaps some of their other resins (like many resins on the market) have a pronounced odor. If that is the case, I don't know how long they smell but double check that you followed instructions carefully because any error in resin:hardener ratio could lead to partially uncured resin containing smelly volatiles.

FGarbrecht

yes it is a hybrid bowl but i have done pens and still have it it could be just me but i dont think so
Could be just me too ;); my wife claims my nose doesn't work, so its possible my alumilite actually smells and I just am not aware of it (but I don't think so).

MRDucks2

I know that Alumilite has no odor to me but Mark James has been sensitized to it enough that he can not only smell it but it can affect him with the release of the pressure pot.

Top Bottom