Allow myself to introduce...myself ;)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jehster1

Hi all! Greetings from the Washington DC area. I've been stalking the forum for a bit now and have asked a question or two but forgot to introduce myself.

I saw a couple of YouTube videos on pen turning in Sept and was immediately fascinated and thought it would be a great thing to try. With a 2 year old, 1 one the way, 3 dogs, wife and a sometimes 90 hour/week job I decided I obviously had too much free time on my hands šŸ¤£ So I gathered up some necessary (and some unnecessary, as it turned out) supplies, I turned my first pen at the end of October and found it very rewarding and (mostly) relaxing in a zen way. Since then I've turned about 25 pens and have learned from each one, the good, the bad AND the ugly.

This forum has been a fantastic source of information and ideas. I've learned how to fix some of my mistakes, why they were happening and how to avoid them in the future, hopefully. The library section is an invaluable resource that I'm almost treating as a to-do list :). The pictures of the pens on here are inspiring and truly wonderful. I plan to play around with the segmenting section in the new year.

Here's a pic of my 18th pen and first foray into a non-twist/click one. Thanks again all!

P18.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

1shootist

As long as you can work in some "yourself" time juggling all the family duties you should remain somewhat sane. šŸ¤£

Great job on the Majestic !

magpens

Hi Charlie !! . Welcome to IAP !! . Nice pen !! . You look to be doing GREAT !!

A 90-hour-per-week job, eh? . You soon won't have time for that !!!

Top Bottom