All Twisted Up Ultra Cigar

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from John Eldeen

John Eldeen

For your viewing and commenting pleasure we have a Ultra Cigar wrapped in a twisted blank the wood is Jackfruit, Monkeypod, and Lychee. Enjoy 😎
As always comments, questions and critiques are always welcome.
20190822_073410.jpg

Attachments

• twisted.jpg
    twisted.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 407
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

WOW !! . Great looking pen !!

Interesting pattern ! . I think I see how it came about ... laminate a dozen "boards" each about 1/16" thick ... and then slice across ... right ?

The resulting effect is very attractive, and I don't think I have seen that before. ... Creative and well done !!!

John Eldeen

WOW !! . Great looking pen !!

Interesting pattern ! . I think I see how it came about ... laminate a dozen "boards" each about 1/16" thick ... and then slice across ... right ?

The resulting effect is very attractive, and I don't think I have seen that before. ... Creative and well done !!!
Mal you would be correct. It started with a laminated blank. The layers are .052 inch thick and 15 layers across. Then the slices are .115 inch 43 times. All painstakingly stacked back to gather to make the finished blank.

John Eldeen

A dizzy bowl on a pen - way cool. Well done 👍 👏
Thanks Mark

A dizzy bowl was the inspiration for many for the thing's I turn. It is extremely fun. As with most segmented projects you have a really good idea of what it is going to look like before you start. With the dizzy design it is always kind of a surprise and that for me makes it a little more fun. 😁

wood128

Great segmenting work !! Beautiful wood selection and the result is outstanding . Try one where you reverse the spiral pattern half way. I have made a good number of these spiral segmented blanks. Good to see that other penmakers are making this pattern.

John Eldeen

Great segmenting work !! Beautiful wood selection and the result is outstanding . Try one where you reverse the spiral pattern half way. I have made a good number of these spiral segmented blanks. Good to see that other penmakers are making this pattern.
Joseph thanks for the kind words.
This is only the second pen I have made with this type of pattern however I have made this pattern for many other things there is tons of variations that can be made to really change the pattern.

JonathanF1968

Okay, maybe I will never try segmenting, because if this is where it can lead, I would wind up in a mental asylum....

(Really gorgeous work!)

John Eldeen

Okay, maybe I will never try segmenting, because if this is where it can lead, I would wind up in a mental asylum....

(Really gorgeous work!)
This is definitely where it can lead. Though this looks like it might be daunting it is far easier than it appears. Being a fairly inpatient person I surprisingly find segmenting blanks to be almost therapeutic. At least that is what I tell myself I also might be a masochist.🤔

Dieseldoc

Today I got a chance to see and feel the twister, for sure the photo doesn't do thus master piece justice.

Mr John has raised the bar in segmenting pen making. As for all the segmented pen makers I'm sure you would agree. Great work John.

John Eldeen

Today I got a chance to see and feel the twister, for sure the photo doesn't do thus master piece justice.

Mr John has raised the bar in segmenting pen making. As for all the segmented pen makers I'm sure you would agree. Great work John.
Thanks for the kind words Charlie and I enjoyed your visit to my little slice of paradise today.

Top Bottom