All burned up

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ldubia

ldubia

Ok, bad pun, but hey, I had to get your attention somehow. :biggrin:

This is an urn I had a lot of problems with while making. The glue up did not go according to plan as the glue did not want to hold. I tried several attempts to glue it up and the joint kept separating. I finally went to regular yellow glue and it held. So much for Titebond. I still use it for other things though. The urn is 7.5 x 6 x 9.75". The hardware is lamp hardware to give it some eye candy. the wood is ambrosia maple with padouk. Fnish is 2 coats qualalaq lacquer.

Eds urn front view.jpgEds urn quarter shot 2.jpgEds urn quarter shot.jpgUrn 6.jpg

The second item (group) is the knives I have made and the magnetic bar for them. The wood is ziricote, the magnet is from woodcraft for holding tools, and the knives are Zhen damascus steel also from woodcraft.

Bread knife in Ziricote.jpgBread knife in Ziricote 2.jpgChefs in Ziricote.jpgChefs in Ziricote 2.jpgSudoku in Ziricote.jpgSudoku in Ziricote 2.jpgParing in Ziricote.jpgParing in Ziricote 2.jpgMag rack in Ziricote.jpgZiricote 4 knife set.jpg

Comments and criticisms are welcome.
Thanks for looking.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ldubia

As soon as I finish making our set, and give those to my niece I will watch the edge and give a review. I am thinking they might hold up pretty well due to the layering. I have heard good things about these so i thought I might try them.

And thanks Joe for the bad pun. :eek::rolleyes::biggrin: I love a good sense of humor. But I know you were just cuttin' up.

Top Bottom