Aka Nashiji Nuri pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Teodor

Teodor

Hi all,
A new pen finished.
Red lacquer, silver sprinkled and covered with Nashiji. This one took more than 3 months to finish.
Nice day all.
Teo

PenTeo  Samurai Kuro Nashiji1.jpg
PenTeo  Samurai Kuro Nashiji3.jpg
PenTeo  Samurai Kuro Nashiji4.jpg
PenTeo  Samurai Kuro Nashiji5.jpg
PenTeo  Samurai Kuro Nashiji2.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

What ? .... No clip ?

LOL ! ... Please don't take any offense, Teodor !!! . This is the most outstanding pen !!!

I can hardly believe how beautiful it is !!!

Congratulations !!! . I just love staring at it and trying to take in that it took fully 3 months to make !!!

Superb craftsmanship !!! . Thank you for showing this ultimate beauty !!! . . I love everything about it !!! . . Wish I could hold it and write with it !!!

Teodor

What ? .... No clip ?

LOL ! ... Please don't take any offense, Teodor !!! . This is the most outstanding pen !!!

I can hardly believe how beautiful it is !!!

Congratulations !!! . I just love staring at it and trying to take in that it took fully 3 months to make !!!

Superb craftsmanship !!! . Thank you for showing this ultimate beauty !!! . . I love everything about it !!! . . Wish I could hold it and write with it !!!
It takes a bit of time to cure those red layers, around one week per layer. The Nashiji it's also very long to cure. So 2 months only for curing red and Nashiji, base layers and detailing and it's already nice an worm outside.

PatrickR

@Teodor - really awesome pen and craftsmanship!
I am experienced with lacquer paint but not the urushi process and am curious about the cure times. Why so long? I think of lacquer as a fast drying and curing paint.
thanks!

Teodor

@Teodor - really awesome pen and craftsmanship!
I am experienced with lacquer paint but not the urushi process and am curious about the cure times. Why so long? I think of lacquer as a fast drying and curing paint.
thanks!
Urushi will get darker while curing. To keep as much possible from the colour it needs a slow curring in a special environment. Normal urushi needs 24 hours. Special urushi needs from a couple of days till months.

PatrickR

Urushi will get darker while curing. To keep as much possible from the colour it needs a slow curring in a special environment. Normal urushi needs 24 hours. Special urushi needs from a couple of days till months.
Thank you. You are a man of patience.

Top Bottom