Air quality and a new toy

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jharvey1309

So a few weeks ago I had asked the question about cleaning the air, trying to find out which was more important a DC or and AC. Well last weekend my local woodworking store had it's annual wood expo. There are usually some good deals to be had, and this is what I ended up getting.

The new toy first: http://www.steelcitytoolworks.com/products_tools.cfm?section=2&category=6&tool=15410

The Dust collector: http://www.steelcitytoolworks.com/products_tools.cfm?section=2&category=5&tool=65200

The air cleaner: http://www.steelcitytoolworks.com/products_tools.cfm?section=2&category=1&tool=65120

Hopefully this will keep me happy and healthy for quite some time. The wood dust was starting to get to me.

Jonathan

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Daniel

Jon, congrats on damaging your piggy bank for the sake of your health. TO many woodworkers never make the choice. just a bit of advice to help get the most of your air cleaner. let it run after you leave the shop. they take hours to do there job. in addition they tend to create a river of air that flows from the output to the input. leaving the air in the corners of your shop standing still and staying dusty. anything you can do to sort of stir the air in your shop while it runs helps it get all the dust. Installing it so it can stir as much air as possible also helps.
again congrats and my hats off for dropping a chunk of change on this equipment.

larryc

So a few weeks ago I had asked the question about cleaning the air, trying to find out which was more important a DC or and AC. Well last weekend my local woodworking store had it's annual wood expo. There are usually some good deals to be had, and this is what I ended up getting.

The new toy first: Steel City Tool Works - Product Categories

The Dust collector: Steel City Tool Works - Product Categories

The air cleaner: Steel City Tool Works - Product Categories

Hopefully this will keep me happy and healthy for quite some time. The wood dust was starting to get to me.

Jonathan

I got one of those air cleaners awhile ago (mine's a Delta 50-875) and I'm ready to hang it from my shop rafters.
Anybody got any ideas on lifting that 60lb unit.

nava1uni

Jon, congrats on damaging your piggy bank for the sake of your health. TO many woodworkers never make the choice. just a bit of advice to help get the most of your air cleaner. let it run after you leave the shop. they take hours to do there job. in addition they tend to create a river of air that flows from the output to the input. leaving the air in the corners of your shop standing still and staying dusty. anything you can do to sort of stir the air in your shop while it runs helps it get all the dust. Installing it so it can stir as much air as possible also helps.
again congrats and my hats off for dropping a chunk of change on this equipment.

I hung mine by taking 3 - 2X4 and making a brace that held up the piece so that I could bolt it to the rafter. I put the piece on the top of a ladder and had a neighbor help me lift it and then put the brace underneath it and once it was in place it was held tightly to the ceiling and from there it was easy.
I measured the distance between the floor and the bottom of the unit so that the brace would be tight.

Top Bottom