Ain’t she pretty 😁

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KenB259

Been awhile, sanded her down and gave her a couple coats of BLO. Should be dry and ready to go in a couple of days.
2CEDAFF3-857D-4EA1-8036-C1018E428914.jpeg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

howsitwork

Haven't seen mine in about 15 years ! 🤣🤣

Buried under " essential projects" , recently acquired bargains from car boots, a beer fridge) sadly broken and empty of beer but great for allowing stuff to dry dust free , a small,router table etc, etc.

Thats a really great bench Ken. Do you plug the dog holes with foam when not in use? I found that a useful tip with mine. End vice too, nice feature. I installed one but have never yet used it , then again that would mean moving the pile of sash clamps that lean on it in the corner....

I dream of a tidy workshop but life gets in the way. 🙏

KenB259

Haven't seen mine in about 15 years ! 🤣🤣

Buried under " essential projects" , recently acquired bargains from car boots, a beer fridge) sadly broken and empty of beer but great for allowing stuff to dry dust free , a small,router table etc, etc.

Thats a really great bench Ken. Do you plug the dog holes with foam when not in use? I found that a useful tip with mine. End vice too, nice feature. I installed one but have never yet used it , then again that would mean moving the pile of sash clamps that lean on it in the corner....

I dream of a tidy workshop but life gets in the way. 🙏
I have never plugged the holes. May I ask the purpose of plugging them.

howsitwork

I have never plugged the holes. May I ask the purpose of plugging them.
Stops router shavings, saw dust, small nails etc dissapearing into the holes only to re emerge when I'm painting or staining a piece.
when something gets knocked onto the bench when the dust etc jets up into the air to stick to the wet work !

makes vacuuming up from the worktop a cinch too.

You use a bit of wire hooked to extract the foam plug from the hole you wish to use each time.
image.jpgI'm under supervision at the moment, new rescue dog 👍

KenB259

Stops router shavings, saw dust, small nails etc dissapearing into the holes only to re emerge when I'm painting or staining a piece.
when something gets knocked onto the bench when the dust etc jets up into the air to stick to the wet work !

makes vacuuming up from the worktop a cinch too.

You use a bit of wire hooked to extract the foam plug from the hole you wish to use each time.
View attachment 306093I'm under supervision at the moment, new rescue dog 👍
Sounds like a good tip.

Top Bottom