Adjustable Bottle Stoppers

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from W.Y.

W.Y.

Although I have turned hundreds of bottle stoppers I have never turned any with this particular kit . It is an adjustable stopper in a Berea kit. All my other stoppers have been non adjustable in various styles. .
I would like to know if any members here have turned this particular one and what are your views on it good or bad. Does it actually adjust nice and tight into the bottle neck for a leak proof seal as it should ? I have not tried it yet. Apparently a clockwise turn tightens it and a counterclockwise turn releases it.
I didn't get many of these kits for a first time trial but I will see how well they are (or are not ) accepted at craft sales

367609530.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KenV

the couple I got from AZ Sil worked in vinegar bottles -- I am not a wine person -- and around here there are a lot of people who have a really hard time getting the stopper to fit the spout on the box.

W.Y.

The kit is fairly pricey at $6.00 to $6.95 depending on place of purchase but no problem getting getting $20.00 for a quality one like that if it has a nice top on it. Not bad for five minutes of turning with free wood. If I was going acrylic or a purchased wood blank, I would add the price of the blank.

Curiosity was getting to me as to how well it would work so I had to try it on a bottle.

I was amazed how nicely it works . You first adjust it so it goes snugly into the neck. Then turn clockwise to seal and counter clockwise to open . It sure does seal the bottle tight . I think it is going to be a winner at craft sales.

The nude picture says it is naked but as long as it is fitted with a stopper I guess it is OK to be posted on a family oriented site :biggrin:

AdjustableonBottle.jpg

W.Y.

how does it work if it's wet with liquid or oil? I imagine it'd be had to tighten then?

Wet liquid makes no difference and I doubt if it will ever be used for oil.
Even then it should work if it is first adjusted to be pushed in fairly snug first. It takes very little pressure on the inside of the bottle neck to make it work the way it was designed to.

KenV

they work for olive oil -- held the bottle upside down and shook -- (think salads with oil and vinegar) -

broitblat

I've turned the PSI version of that stopper. Although I like the idea, I had trouble actually using the stopper as the two pieces that turn are very close to each other.

-Barry

Top Bottom