Adding Fold Over pen clips to bespoke pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TDahl

Can anyone recommend any tutorials or instructions on how to add a Fold Over clip to a bespoke pen? I would like to try this but I am not sure how to properly construct the cap to receive the Fold Over clip.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Here is a place to start, possibly :

I know that you said you are concerned with how to construct the cap to receive the Fold Over clip, but I am not sure what that means.

TDahl

Here is a place to start, possibly :

I know that you said you are concerned with how to construct the cap to receive the Fold Over clip, but I am not sure what that means.

How to make the slot in the cap where the end of the clip is inserted.

bmachin

Another option is to make the ring of the clip a bit larger than the diameter of the cap with the edge rounded and just let it show as a bit of bling.

If your tolerances are close enough and you use a thread sealant or locker of some sort, you won't need to worry about the clip spinning.

Bill

TDahl

Another option is to make the ring of the clip a bit larger than the diameter of the cap with the edge rounded and just let it show as a bit of bling.

If your tolerances are close enough and you use a thread sealant or locker of some sort, you won't need to worry about the clip spinning.

Bill

Thanks

Curly

I have a milling machine but a little slot in a plastic cap can easily be cut with some needle files, especially if you are only making one or two at a time. Small batch production might justify the electrically powered toy. Now if it is a reason to justify buying a milling machine that's different. ;)

Pete

Top Bottom