Addicted to Gold

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RDH79

I set up my tables today in the TV room to see how I wanted them to look this year. First show is this Sunday. After I had everything setup I noticed that I had made 2 Chrome slims out of 64 wood slims. I just cant seem to use chome on the wood blanks. Now acrylics with the bright colors I will use more chrome. But on my Jr Gents and Jr Statesman I use alot of Rhodium. So what is about slims I just dont think chrome looks good on?
So what wood looks good with chrome?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Brooks803

lol...everything! I'm the opposite, I can't stand the gold. Unfortunately it's what the customer likes that I have to go with. Here's an amboyna with ebony that I put on a chrome slim, I think it looks good.

Boz

When I first got started in this madness I made a Gold Sierra that I put in my brief case. It was stored in an elastic pouch but the clip was exposed. After a couple of years I noticed that the gold finish had rubbed off. I now concentrate on the higher end metal finishes.

RDH79

Yea I will only use Ti-Gold for the gold pens. Learned my leason the hard way. I think I will just grab 6 different blanks and turn them down, I will try the chrome and see if they sell. If not I will put the gold on them.
Thanks for the replys
Rich H.

Top Bottom