Acrylic/ Poly/ Resin/ Etc XL blanks Blanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from sbarton22

sbarton22

Where does a fella go to find some larger "plastic" planks? I know lots of folks here make pen blanks, but what about something a little bigger? I'm thinking something like 8"-12" long. Maybe I could make 3-4 bottle stoppers from them or add them to my other turnings. So something bigger than just bottle stopper blanks.

My local Woodcraft has nothing. My other local store says they can't find a source either. I didn't see anything on Penn State or Craft Supplies.

The only place I have seen anything is at Rockler... the nearest of which is 300 miles away, and the selection is limited.

I figure the good folks here might know a thing or two about a thing or two.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

scott

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Brooks803

what diameter are you looking for? I've done several 3x3" and 4x4" blanks from PR for lidded boxes. Also what application are you looking to turn? It'd be easier to turn large vessels from alumilite than PR I'd imagine.

sbarton22

what diameter are you looking for? I've done several 3x3" and 4x4" blanks from PR for lidded boxes. Also what application are you looking to turn? It'd be easier to turn large vessels from alumilite than PR I'd imagine.

Great question. My immediate thought was to turn some stoppers. I know stopper blanks are not as tough to find.

However, my long term goal is to find a proper source. I would like to be able to add that type of color and pop to some of my other turnings. Right now, with really only finding pen blanks, that limits my palate.

Lidded boxes are an interesting idea. When I turn pens, I go very slow. I imagine hollowing out takes forever.

Top Bottom