Acrylic and Ebonite Pens with CA finish

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from TonyL

TonyL

Hi Folks:

A few months ago, I start added a CA finish (8 to 10 coats) to my 100% acrylic pens (it appears to preserve the shine). I tried CA with Indian ebonite and I was really impressed assuming you like a high loss finish).

20210415_223011_resized_1 (003).jpg20210501_101647_resized (0023.jpgMason Sierra.jpgEbonite with CA exceutive.jpgPurple Professor.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DrD

Good Afternoon and Happy Father's Day Tony,

The folks at CSUSA have been advocating a CA finish on acrylics for some time now. I just never put 2 and 2 together re preserving the shine. Thanks for posting your work. The pens look great!

Don

TonyL

Thank you and Happy Fathers' Day to all the dads.

BTW, I do fully polish acrylic's as if I was not going to apply the CA.

TonyL

Good Afternoon and Happy Father's Day Tony,

The folks at CSUSA have been advocating a CA finish on acrylics for some time now. I just never put 2 and 2 together re preserving the shine. Thanks for posting your work. The pens look great!

Don
It actually adds some depth and protection. It is additional work though. I thought it especially helped the ebonite pop. That was an experiment and I was really pleased.

sorcerertd

Great finishes! I suppose the CA might be a little less prone to the little scuffs from regular use. What blank did you use on that first one?

TonyL

Great finishes! I suppose the CA might be a little less prone to the little scuffs from regular use. What blank did you use on that first one?
Thank you. They are the giraffe print blanks that Ed sells. They are almost opaque and turn easily. Here's another one. I use it.

Attachments

• Flourrescent Giraffe Front.jpg
    Flourrescent Giraffe Front.jpg
    331.4 KB · Views: 93
  • Flourrescent Giraffe 2 piece.jpg
    Flourrescent Giraffe 2 piece.jpg
    364 KB · Views: 98

TonyL

Thank you. They are the giraffe print blanks that Ed sells. They are almost opaque and turn easily. Here's another one. I use it.

Attachments

• Flourrescent Giraffe 2 piece.jpg
    Flourrescent Giraffe 2 piece.jpg
    364 KB · Views: 96
  • Flourrescent Giraffe Front.jpg
    Flourrescent Giraffe Front.jpg
    331.4 KB · Views: 95

Kcimdrib

Tony Beautiful Pens and a finish that looks fantastic. I rarely turn Acrylic but these are encouraging me to make more..

Top Bottom