Acquired Bandsaw

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PreacherJon

Unfortunately :confused:, I acquired this bandsaw today. A guy down the road is going through a divorce and he said he made sure he got it in the settlement... so he could give it to me, he knew I wanted one. And refused any money for it. It needs some work and a few parts need replacing, but I think it'll do the job I want it to do.

Attachments

• zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.jpg
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.jpg
    171.5 KB · Views: 167
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Congratulations... it looks a little like mine, except mine has an open base. I did put a 6" extension on mine from Grizzly... had to adapt it some as the pin holes were not aligned and the blade guide bar on the back side is too small in diameter to be usable so I use the original guide bar.... I just can't lower the blade guides below about 5 inches.... works fine for me though.

it's a good saw and has been work horse for me.

PreacherJon

Congratulations... it looks a little like mine, except mine has an open base. I did put a 6" extension on mine from Grizzly... had to adapt it some as the pin holes were not aligned and the blade guide bar on the back side is too small in diameter to be usable so I use the original guide bar.... I just can't lower the blade guides below about 5 inches.... works fine for me though.

it's a good saw and has been work horse for me.
I spent the morning with it. And it is up and running. Took a lot of WD30 šŸ˜„

It is a 1990 model built in October. Model 28-203.

I probably could use some new bands for the wheels and new cooling blocks. Now I'll just need to buy a new variety set of blades. AND build a better mobile base.

howsitwork

strongly suggest you rig up a dust extract hose under the table near the blade . Makes life much pleasanter to extract near to source. Doing it now whilst you set it up will make things easier.

Mike

Divorce has to be painful, feel bad for your neighbor.
Great for you.
I have a similar Delta, 12 inch throat. I traded some stuff that was useless to me for it back in the 90s. I had to put new tires on it and have been using it since.
Should be able to get new tires for it pretty easy.
I did maintenance on mine for the second time a few months back, I think I replaced the brushes that clean the tires, but not sure. Had to adjust the guide blocks, etc. I wanted to buy ball bearing guides, but they are not available.
Gets a lot of use in my shop.
I have good luck with the Timberwolf blades.

Mike

Top Bottom