Acorn Caps

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Amanap

Amanap

Made this from all the acorn caps that fell in my yard from neighbors tree. I used alumilete slow and Black Diamond burple colored pigment.

Attachments

• IMG_20201224_131116_191.jpg
    IMG_20201224_131116_191.jpg
    365.8 KB · Views: 212
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MRDucks2

In my opinion you achieved a nice balance of acorn caps to resin. You can see what they are while maintaining a solid looking piece.

Amanap

In my opinion you achieved a nice balance of acorn caps to resin. You can see what they are while maintaining a solid looking piece.the spacing was a happy mistake. I taped another piece of wood in my mixing bowl to take up space and reduce amount of resin. It came loose and floated a little increasing the spacing.

Thanks for the kind words.

Acorn caps are fun to work with.... I saved a bag full of them from the trees over my booth at the Knoxville Farmers Market a year or so back... didn't try to do a bowl, but put them in a pepper mill... I used Silmar41....
343889 (1).JPG

howsitwork

I think that's a brilliant idea and well executed William, A real change from the pine cone in resin Ive seen elsewhere

I must look oit for some Black Diamond BURPLE pigment šŸ˜‚ did make me chuckle as I re read it !

hoisted by my own petard I've just had to re edit as I got several spellings wrong šŸ˜³ Oops

Top Bottom