Accurate digital angle finder

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I got two of the same square shaped magnetic digital angle finders off Amazon for about $20 each and I can have them on the same surface and one measures +.25 deg and the other -.25 deg, and that's too much for my ADD a$$ to be able to handle.

Where can I find a good but cheap-as-possible brand/model of these things that gives a more accurate angle measurement?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

InkyMike

You could just stick them side by side and when they are both the same distance away from a given number, that's your angle 🤠

But in all seriousness, for about the price you paid for those two, you could buy the Klein model. I haven't used mine a ton yet, but it does seem accurate and you can zero it.

TDahl

Maybe I am old school, but I have trust issues with relying on gadgets with digital readouts especially when accuracy is concerned. I use angle blocks on my miter saw and confirm the angles with a protractor. I use those blocks to help set the angle of the table saw blade. I have achieved perfect cuts every time.

egnald

Your situation really doesn't surprise me that much. Gauges all have a tolerance whenever it comes to measurement accuracy, so two identical gauges can have different but still valid readings depending on the specified accuracy. You should check the readings against the accuracy listed in the specifications.

I have a MasterForce brand that states +/- 0.2-degrees.

You could possibly experiment by shimming the bottom (or top) of one of them with some very think calibrated shim stock to see if you could bring them to the same reading.

Dave

Top Bottom