ACACIA(****TIM) PEN BLANK

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

seamus7227

i am in desperate need of an Acacia pen blank. I would need it to be shipped out to me this week sometime if possible. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I can pay for it, trade a snakeskin blank for it or am open to suggestions(within reason).

thanks!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

seamus7227

Well, i know there is Acacia from all over, preferably from the Sinai Desert. I was commissioned to make some pens for a Preacher and his wife of a local church and the organizers Theme is to have them made from Acacia which is what a tabernacle was made from in the book of Exodus. With gold imbellishments(pen components) and Black Onyx( other pen components possibly) and they also want the pen boxes from Ken Nelson @ Kallenshaanwoods

The deadline to have it finished is the 29th of March. To be presented to them at the Easter service at church

Last edited:

seamus7227

Chris, thanks for the effort! I have a source online for this wood, but im not sure how long it will take to get it, being that my time is limited.

ohiococonut

Try www.keimlumber.com

They sell acacia either individually or in sets of 10...GREAT prices and they usually ship same day...

Warren

Keim is only about 45min away from me and I make regular trips there. Last weekend I needed some tools for my shop and I picked up a couple planks of character hickory and striped ribbon mahogany. I'm building up my inventory for my hobby:biggrin: They have an excellent selection of wood in their exotic section, which is where I head straight to when I go there. The prices range from about $10 to several thousands of $$ for their boards/planks. There's not much they don't have in planks/boards and it would be much cheaper to buy it that way rather than in pen blanks, "if" you thought you needed that many blanks. I just worked out a deal on 100 board feet of beautiful crotch walnut. Just need to pick out my pieces and bring them home. The pictures they show on their web site don't begin to do the wood justice. They will do what ever it takes to make you a happy customer.

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Try www.keimlumber.com

They sell acacia either individually or in sets of 10...GREAT prices and they usually ship same day...

Warren

Keim is only about 45min away from me and I make regular trips there. Last weekend I needed some tools for my shop and I picked up a couple planks of character hickory and striped ribbon mahogany. I'm building up my inventory for my hobby:biggrin: They have an excellent selection of wood in their exotic section, which is where I head straight to when I go there. The prices range from about $10 to several thousands of $$ for their boards/planks. There's not much they don't have in planks/boards and it would be much cheaper to buy it that way rather than in pen blanks, "if" you thought you needed that many blanks. I just worked out a deal on 100 board feet of beautiful crotch walnut. Just need to pick out my pieces and bring them home. The pictures they show on their web site don't begin to do the wood justice. They will do what ever it takes to make you a happy customer.
He states his acacia is from South Africa or Australia.

seamus7227

well as it turns out, the buyers of the Pens have decided to use 1 piece of olive wood and 1 piece of acacia. I really appreciate everybody that has chimed in and replied to text messages and been so quick to reply to this thread. once again this is 1 of the many reasons why I love the IAP.

Top Bottom