Acacia blanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

THarvey

Acacia is a genus of scrubs and trees that includes Koa (Hawaii), Mimosa (SE USA), Wattle (Australia) etc. There are roughly 1300 species of Acacia around the world.

The Acacia that grows in Israel and surrounding areas is commonly known as ****tim or ****tah. You might have better luck searching using one of these more common names.

EDIT: (LOL) I just posted and noticed the "profanity filter" does not like the tree names. The names are spelled: S H I T T I M and S H I T T A H.

Last edited:

cmccarter

I have been thru the same process. There just isn't that much wood to be had. Exoticwoods.com shows out, exoticwood.biz tells me I got the last pieces. I did get some acacia flooring from Keithbyrd that appears to be the same as I got from exoticwood.biz, at least it smells the same when drilling/turning. I know you want true middle eastern acacia but I just can't find it out there. If you find a source please let me know. My brothers are always asking for pens and my supply is always low to non-existant.

chester

KenV

I got some from Monty (of CA Glue Fame) a few years back. I think it came from the Olive Wood folks in Bethelem.

I know I have some black acacia in the pile -- some of it stabalized.

WHSKYrvr1

Send me a PM. I have some that are glued up with 7mm tubes. I made them for my officers of the Lodge. What I have is sh*ttum wood. Dang censors. I'm probally mispelling it. I bought a couple of boards and cut them down. Let me know how much you need.

Last edited:
Top Bottom