abalone in black zirconium ring

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from btboone

btboone

Here's a new ring we did today. A black zirconium ring with an abalone inlay.

Attachments

• abalonebz.jpg
    abalonebz.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 203
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Maybe one day I'll be able to save up enough pennies to afford one of your rings or pens. I even have a special spot all set out in the display cabinet:rolleyes::biggrin:

Anyone want to buy some kids????:biggrin:

IPD_Mrs

Bah, it doesn't look as good as this curly Koa on my finger. :tongue: Actually that would be a good one for the wife if it was a little more petite.

Bruce I need to see about buffing mine. I will drop you an email later.

Folks if you get the chance, these rings are sweet!!!!!
First they are so light weight, they have the comfort fit (smooth rounded insided edges) and they stay round even when you work in them day in and out.

Woodlvr

Absolutely wonderful looking ring. That would be my choice to replace my band, That is beautiful. Great work Bruce. Showoff:tongue::biggrin:

ldb2000

That is an awesome ring Bruce . I love Abalone , the patterns and colors are just fantastic .
As soon as Jerquill sends me the money her dead father (the finance minister from the congo) I will be buying several :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Randy_

Very nice work, Bruce........another Boone classic!!

Two questions for you and if they are trade secrets that you would prefer not to divulge, I will understand. First, if the inlay is glued into the body of the ring, what sort of adhesive might you be using?? Secondly, abalone is fairly soft and brittle. I'm wondering if the inlay is recessed relative to the edges of the ring body for a certain degree of protection from mechanical damage??

Top Bottom