AAARRRGGGHHH!!!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

randyrls

Ok; So I know I should not have put the box of bushings near the edge of my bench. I know I should have snapped at least one of the catches closed. I know I should have put it back on the shelf where it lives as soon as I was done with it.

So now I have to get out pen kits, calipers and a mixed bowl of bushings and sort things out.

Such is life...:frown:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Karl_99

Ouch! That is frustrating! Good luck sorting them out.
Can you use the information in the bushing chart in the Library? May be easier than using the pen kits.

southernclay

Oh that stinks! Hopefully you at least know what all ones were in there. I have a box of a few dozen bushings I got in a bulk deal that were unlabeled. I figured a few out but wasn't missing any I needed so just left them all in a box for a later date.

BSea

If you have a dremel, etch them with a code. Cheaper than using magnets (If you already have a dremel). But the magnet idea is good too.

Last edited:

sbell111

If you have a dremel, etch them with a code. Cheaper than using magnets (If you already have a dremel). But the magnet idea is good too.

The absolute cheapest solution is to simply develop the habit of always securing the bushings when you are done with them, or at least when you are changing them for a different set.

Gary Beasley

I solved that problem with pill minders, has seven compartments with individual lids that close separately. I only need three for the kits I use. I label each lid with type and drill sizes.

Curly

At Michael's and other craft places, plus online, you can get Craft Mates brand containers. They have individual compartments that open by pushing a locking bar in from one end and then opening the compartment you need. Drop it at any time and they don't open and the only thing spilled will be the single open compartment. Great way to store bushings, springs, clips, nibs and whatever small bits you have.

lwalper

you mean some one other than myself has done this crazy stunt

Haven't done it, but have a constant fear of doing it. I've been using those little fishing tackle boxes with 10 small compartments on either side (a lot cheaper than the pill versions -- without the artificially inflated "medical" markup). Those magnets sound like a great idea and are quite inexpensive. Get 'em by the 100 on eBay from China. drop one in each little partition (they'll stick to each other without need for epoxy) and drop your bushing in there too. You'll find many other uses for these little magnets around your lathe as well -- Allen wrenches, little screwdrivers, all sorts of small tools are kept handy with a small super magnet.

Top Bottom