A Wedding Set

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from darrin1200

darrin1200

I have been working on this set for a young lady getting married this weekend. The wedding colours are Black and White with Silver and Fucia accents.

The set consits of Regal pens for the Maid of Honour and Best Man. White acrylic swirl for her and a Black swirl for him.

The Bride and Grooms pens are Stirling Silver Sedona's. White Pearl Gemstone for her and Black Pearl Gemstone for him. The celtic knots are done in the opposite Pear Gemstone.

The Guest book and pen set consists of a Streamline inspired feather pen in chrome. Using a Fucia ostrich feather from Micheals. The book was a first. The main portion of the book is done with Peruvian Walnut. The inlay is 4 bookmatche pieces of very tight grained maple. In the center is an inlayed Pink Paua Shell Cabochon. I used a pair of chrome SOSS hinges for the spine of the book. The pen stand is layered Peruvian Walnut and more of that really hard maple. I then took it to the spindle sander to give it a mountainous contoured look. Both the bride and groom are very athletic. Finally I put on about 5 coats of shellac.

The pens were a bit of a nightmare. You have to paint the tubes white, under the white pearl (mistake one). I had to redo the entire white pen including the knot. Always watch for little catches or chips and fill with CA, also go very very very slow (mistake two). I had to redo the Black knot cap.

The two gemstone mistakes happen Tuesday. I called Bill at William Wood Writes that afternoon, he rushed the package of new blanks out to the express post and I recieved it Wednesday.

Finished everything last night and wrapped it all up this afternoon. We are going to give it to the bride and groom tomorrow at a pre wedding luncheon.

Thanks everyone for looking.

Attachments

• M&G Wedding (49) (457x640).jpg
    M&G Wedding (49) (457x640).jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 268
  • M&G Wedding (15) (640x480).jpg
    M&G Wedding (15) (640x480).jpg
    229.5 KB · Views: 349
  • M&G Wedding (12) (457x640).jpg
    M&G Wedding (12) (457x640).jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 284
  • M&G Wedding (32) (640x457).jpg
    M&G Wedding (32) (640x457).jpg
    230.8 KB · Views: 283
  • M&G Wedding (39) (640x480).jpg
    M&G Wedding (39) (640x480).jpg
    207.5 KB · Views: 248
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hornet406

Stunning. I think the celtic knot is a great addition. Would love to learn how to do that.

SteveJ

That was sweet. My son got married last night and all I did was let him sign his wedding certificate with a pen I made - maybe I should give it to them now.

darrin1200

Thanks everyone for the comments.

The wedding was on Sunday and it was beautiful. The bride and groom loved the gift and there were many comments about the book. I am going to add this set to my portfolio on my website.

Top Bottom