A Void Mistake...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from karlkuehn

karlkuehn

Banned
I've been wanting to make a really dark pen for a long time, just never got around to it. That's where my "Dark Matter", "Warlock", and some of the "Turmoil" blanks got their background from.

I recently made a new series that I call "Void", implementing an process that I'd had in mind for a while. This is another 'runty' one from the first batch of those...that's what I get for trimming blanks when I'm really tired...all those little marks on the fence rule start looking the same! You know, 7/8", 5/8"...I mean, how much difference can it make, right? Well, lemme tell ya...about a quarter inch. Whoops. [:p]

Since I blew it on the blank for selling, I figured it was high time for my dark pen! Had just enough clearance for a cigar, so here she is!

Black pearlized PR with translucent pearlized purple resin globs and a pearlized white resin 'plane' piece near the clip

Micromesh to white diamond polish and then black magic wax for finish. I really like the all black thing, but I imagine it's going to show every little scratch and nick. [B)]:)

Oh man, you haven't lived until you've tried to photograph an all black pen sitting on a dark background. I had to fight off the lint gremlins after each shot!

ResinVoid1_1.jpg

ResinVoid1_2.jpg

Comments and questions welcome, thanks for peeking. :D

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rjwolfe3

Wow that is all I can say. For some reason my most popular pen kits have been the black finish but I never tried black on black. Is this one of the blanks you sell?

karlkuehn

Banned
Originally posted by rjwolfe3

Wow that is all I can say. For some reason my most popular pen kits have been the black finish but I never tried black on black. Is this one of the blanks you sell?

Yeah, this is one of my new series, "Void". There's a lot of black in them. :)

fernhills

Hi,i have just made a black pen. It is a bear to make sure all scratches are off,and i don`t even want to talk about lint. But i have to say,it is my best work to date,and will help me make future pens better. Black is cool. Carl

karlkuehn

Banned
Originally posted by R2

Genius!! Your Imagination must be a wonderful place in which to live!:):):)[^]

hehe! I don't know that I'd go that far! My imagination is a scary place sometimes, and sorting the good ideas from the bad, or just plain odd, is sometimes a full time job. [:p]

*ducks while getting buzzed by the flying rainbow colored chinchilla that wears a hat made from marshmallows*

Top Bottom